Re: (TV) Dubious...

I should probably mention that the even more dubious pleasures are the ones you actually do enjoy. I pretty much sold everything off from my teenage prog-rock period, but I play and enjoy my more recently acquired Martin Denny (_Quiet Village_), Enoch Light (_I Want to Be Happy Cha-Chas_), and Yma Sumac (_Voice of the Xtabay_, _Mambo!_) LPs. Well, you have to be in the mood for Yma Sumac.

But I've also taken great delight in a sleep-learning record from the '50s (Dynamic Leadership!), and I have admitted on this very list to owning, like Joe, the Lenny and the Squigtones album, possibly the first documented appearance of Christopher Guest as "Nigel Tufnel." Not that I play it much, but I do have it. The other ones are in much more frequent rotation, and the Denny and Light will liven up any party. Particularly the cha-chas.

Then there's my Jandek collection, but I'm proud of that.

Dubiously,
--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/