Re: (TV) Richard Lloyd's Village Underground Gig 03/16/01

Henry!

Thanks for the report!

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with Dream Syndicate or most of the
West Coast
alternative bands from the 80's. Steve got an excellent reception from the
audience when his set was over. There will be a new album out next month.
Anybody have any
information on Steve or Dream Syndicate? How good are they?

If you like Television and Velvets you will like the early Paisley pop stuff. Esp The Days of Wine and Roses (first Dream Syndicate LP). The second line up of the band played more ordinary pop/rock but was more reliable live. Check out Live at Raji's. Wynn solo is great, as you say "Good songwriting and pop hooks". Steve has made an english version of Gainsbourg's "Bonnie and Clyde". (If you Luna fans didn't know.) And Gutterball (sideproject) is really a spontaneaus and dirty rock concept.

just seemed odd
that Steve was
honored with the louder applause from my perspective.

Not that odd though. Steve is constantly writing, recording and touring the whole world. (Myself I'm having trouble to catch up with all his releases.)I think it results in a pretty big fanbase. Richard played in legendary TV, but it doesn't matter in this case I think. Wynn has built up something over the years.

Per