Re: (TV) OT: Nuggets II

South Africa - The Hoochie Coochies, they do a killer cover of the Who's "Im
A Boy" on a single in 68. They were an all black and mulatto mod punk band.
Heavy stuff. Also The Shangaans, they do a great single a la the Zombies or
the Hollies called "Yeh Girl" from 1965, with kalimba and other native
instruments along with guitar, bass, & drums. These guys are all white! I'm
pretty sure these bands are not on the Nuggets II set. I don't know about
mod psychedelia from India, from the 60s? It would make sense, though, since
Indian music was rocking the West through John Coltrane, the Beatles, Pretty
Things, Traffic, even the 13th Floor Elevators, and the vestiges of British
commercial product I'm sure was pumping out the airwaves in India at the
time. Anyone?
Scott