(TV) Disconnection

I've been thinking about Joe's comments off & on for a better part of
the day, & conclude that he really DOES have the right to be pissed off
at what appears to be (IMHO) quite pissy behavior by Mr V. Only valid
arguments I can think of for not allowing a webcast of a public
peformance would be economic or technical (e.g., sound quality), but
anyone who reads this list knows that TV- (& TV-) starved fans would pay
for any "official" remix of any live performance, even when/if they had
access to unauthorized &/or free (webcast) stuff.  Now I don't even have
ability to view webcasts w/my cheesy home webtv gizmo, but still,
hearing about that 11th-hr announcement really got on my nerves--how
very rock 'n roll, baybee.

Well, now I think I'll dig up my recordings of Charie Parker L-I-V-E
radio broadcasts hosted by Symphony Syd. (Hey, maybe all Verlaine needed
was a "bop pin.")

Dig ya later, frantic ones
Sue