Re: (TV) Shepherds Bush tickets

    Hey Y'all,

    I've been hearing all of these reports back from the 1st TV show and
thought I'd check it out to see exactly what some of y'all felt. I'm not one
to speculate but it sounds like old Tom bit off more than he could chew as
they say. I really don't believe his heart was in this. It all seems to be
about the almighty dollar which I'm sure they can all use. All I know is
that without going into any great detail that Tom seemed to be ambivelant
about the whole thing. I don't find it fair to the fans or to the band's
name and reputation. Either you do it because you missed playing with the
group or you don't do it at all. As far as broadcasts, live recordings, etc.
etc. don't hold your breath. The answer is in the first couple of sentences
I posted here. Tom being the perfectionist that he is is not about to
tarnish his name worldwide and forever documented. All of the reports that
I've been getting confirm all of my pesimism and that if they do get to NY I
sincerely doubt that I would go see them. I want my last memory of the band
live to land on a good note. I feel sorry for the folks who are seeing the
band for the first time not being able to capture the fire between the two
guitars where if Tom played some amazing riff Richard would be right behind
him or vice/verse whereas this sounds like Tom could care less to let
Richard play away with nothing to add. This is truly sad as this is the
aspect of the band which I appreciated most, live anyway. Who knows, perhaps
they'll have a meeting of the minds where Tom will become part of the band
instead of standing on the sidelines. Afterall, they are his songs, he put
the band together and show some respect not only to the fans, but to the
bands good name. I had this same problem with Lou Reed with his re-union
with V.U. Cale made that one very clear as well, it was for the money. Lou
bastardized nearly every one of those songs vocally. And in Cale's own
words, Lou made no effort to be a part of the band. This sounds like where
Tom is at. Too bad for everyone involved. Perhaps this will finally put an
end to all of these less than heartfelt re-unions. I'm more excited about
seeing the Zombies re-union with Rod Argent and Colin Blunstone who are
suppose to be doing a large chunk of the "Odyssey & Oracle" LP.

    Thanks for allowing to voice my opinion.

    M T C