Re: (TV)Reunion

    Jay wrote:> Where on the web can I find out more about this
                Zombies reunion and new LP?  I am a huge fan.

    Michael write:

    They're playing here in NYC the middle of May at the Village
Underground. I couldn't say about the rest of the country. As far as the new
record I believe it's going to be Blunstone & Argent as opposed to The
Zombies. For more info you can go to rod argent's web site at:
http://www.rodargent.com/.

    I seemed to have touched a nerve in some listers who perhaps either
never saw the band or just disagree with what I'm saying, either way that's
fine. I'm all for re-unions in the right setting, however, my feeling is
that this is not the right setting. Certain members of the band have made no
bones about the money being too great to pass up. With no new record to
promote, no new york show, the never ending animosity, the "please don't
forget to visit our merchandise stand"(not Tom-like at all) as well as Tom's
overall demeanor just doesn't sit well with me anyway. I want my lasting
memory of the band to end on an up beat. I have too much emotional stock in
the band as well as respect for it to be tainted by money. You can agree
with me or not, but by all reports it sounds as though Tom is regretting
having comitted to this. At least in '92 there was something at stake though
I'm sure by the end of that tour Tom had had it as well. He didn't break the
band up some 22 years ago for no reason. I still stand by my speculation of
the '92 tour that Tom putting TV back together then was because Tom couldn't
get a US deal if he tried and each record from '79 to '89 sold less then
it's predecessor. I believe Tom's was a well calculated move that
back-fired. By getting TV back together would create an interest in him
again, unfortunately it didn't work out that way.

    So now having said my peace/piece and having heard/read enough reviews
I'm ready to put the TV re-union to rest. I never thought I'd hear myself
say this. I'd take a Tom solo show anyday. M T C