RE: (TV) Examples of these two guitarists on our stereos

"The first two songs on Girlfriend by Matthew Sweet: "Divine Intervention"
with its joke fadeout/in  (a tribute to 8-track tapes or maybe little Johnny
jewel?) "I've Been Waiting" amazing pop song with beautiful guitar lines and
a shimmering fuzztone.
Boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy drinks himself out of employment. Girl
goes insane. Their dreams float into a late 70 pinball machine.
The silver ball goes ding
On Behalf Of Casey, Leo J
 A few specifics:  Listen to "Kindom Come",  especially during the last
minute when his guitar chord changes push the song from simply one of
desperation/sadness to  one of grandeur as the narrator trancends his
situation.
 I could go on and on,  cd by cd, album by album, but I don't  want to bore
you.
I once read in The Quincy Patriot Ledger where Jim Carroll was approached by
Television  to write or donate a song for the Capitol record ---a bad sign
to me showing they knew they needed stronger songs for their comeback album.
Was Richard Hell unavailable?