(TV) All things Shepherds Bush-y

>Oh God, I hope someone taped it!

Jeez..... These arm-chair viewers, I don't know. I wish it were as simple as pushing record on the VCR.

Got to tell you, it's a royal pain in the ass when it comes to booting shows. Hiding your gear, setting it up, hoping the batteries aren't going to go on you, hoping you've put the microphone in the right plug socket, hoping someone doesn't catch you (like the two people I saw get taken down at Sparklehorse last week), hoping you don't stand near some idiot who waves his arms around like he's conducting some 40 piece orchestra and then has to mouth out something stupid just for the hell of it. Then there's trying to change discs without missing out on something and most of all, hoping that when you get home and listen back to your efforts, that it came out.

To be honest, I'd rather be standing at the front enjoying the show and not giving a fuck about batteries or being near the speaker or being chastened by security. That's what I went to the show for. To enjoy it.

But damn it all, I recorded it anyway and it turned out good and loud and I was happy. I felt a little sheepish though when I met them briefly at the end of the night and remembered Richard's message about asking us not to.

Totally agree with everything Howard said. Tom was smiling and it seemed, in a very good mood. The first 'song' which is on the set list as 'swells' had Tom speaking over the top about 'little clouds' which was different from the ATP version. He was a little more talkative inbetween songs as well. The guitar playing was (need I say) spectacular and it was interesting to see who did what. Richard Lloyd's playing was fantastic. Not one bum note. Tom missed a couple...I think during Little Johnny Jewel he was out of time and he was grinning about it. During the encore, a faulty lead for Tom turned into an extended version of Prove it and more nice guitar work from Richard. Billy's drumming was amazing. Real power house stuff. The sound that came from that kit was something else. Fred did no wrong either. It really was a fantastic night and it didn't sound like they'd only had a few rehearsals. I want more.

Craig.