(TV) Feelies

Paul, you beat me to it!

I was going to also make the Haledon, not Hoboken
comment.

In the early '80s I was a reporter at The Paterson
(NJ) News and I wrote an article on The Feelies that
they published.  If I recall, I also did an article on
them for the "New York Rocker."

I spent a few hours interviewing Mercer and Million at
Mercer's home in Haledon.  The comment I remember the
most from that day some 20 years ago was how they were
pissed at Stiff records for their promotional efforts,
which included Feelies T-shirts.  They said no one
would see the T-shirts, since you wear a T-shirt under
a shirt anyway.

I also spoke to the film director Jonathan Demme back
then, who wanted to make a concert film of  them.  He
described making a black and white surrealistic style
film of them.   While that was never made, you may
recall they were the band in the movie "Something
Wild," which Demme made a few years later.

In their heyday, The Feelies were a wonderful band.