(TV) The Wonder v. Warm & Cool

I like all of Tom's records (even Cover), but Warm & Cool and The Wonder
both seem to be lacking something.
Warm & Cool reminds me of the Plush album The More You Becomes You.  It's
good, but it could have been better.  I'm all for the "less is more" theory,
but in the case of Warm & Cool, there's just too much that's lacking.  It
needs more arrangements, more instruments.  When you compare Warm & Cool to
Tom's film score stuff, his music for film sounds more complete, whereas
Warm & Cool sounds like a blueprint to a great album.  It sounds unfinished.

Having said that, there are lots of great songs on it.  "Spiritual" would be
amazing in a film score.  It makes me think of someone remembering a summer
evening at dusk when they were walking by a river with a girl who's not
around anymore.
Oh yeah, the cover of the album is cool looking, too.  It would make an
amzing film score...

The Wonder has some of Tom's most romantic lyrics.  "Pillow" is an amzing
song, I think.  So is "Stalingrad", which, by the way, was the very first
Tom Verlaine solo song I ever heard.  It just needed to be recorded
differently.  Perhaps, more like "Tom Verlaine" or "Adventure".  To me,
Tom's best recording sound came off of those two albums.

Cameron.