Re: (TV) current # of MMooners

Like Martin, I tried to send a reply to this thread that seems not to have made it. Apologies for the repeats, if any:

At 7:03 PM +0100 4/26/01, dudley wrote:
 At 6:53 PM +0100 4/26/01, dudley wrote:
 >the new year - newness ends (touch and go) www.southern.net

To which I gave my unpopular opinion that I didn't much like it, and Dudley said:

oh, you bad man 8)

i think it's a wonderful record, and much better than anything bedhead had
managed over their course.

I think I didn't like it as someone who *loved* _Transaction de Novo_. It was a mighty achievement, indeed--the chiming quality of "More than Ever," the narcotic restraint alternating with guitar explosions in "Parade"...I could go on. But the vocals worked so well buried in the mix with the Bedhead stuff, and...I just didn't dig the more vocal-to-the-front style going on here, particularly with the lyrics this time out. (The "now I'm lying in the fetal position/I wish I'd never become a musician" rhyme on one track...was, shall we say, the weak link.)

Nonetheless, you've convinced me to give it another spin. But I'll own up to being a bad man, and to being not so fond of _The Wonder_, either. (I'm probably the guy who didn't like the lyrics of "Stalingrad," either. Sorry, folks.)

A bad man indeed,
Maurice

--
Maurice Rickard