(TV) on the subject of rip-offs...

...I've always thought that Simply Red's 'Holding Back The Years' owed
more than a little to 'Torn Curtain'. But I dismissed this as lunacy --
what slick, blue-eyed soul singer would listen to Television? I read
recently, though, that Mick Hucknall used to be in a punk band, so if
that's true, it's quite possible he went through a Television phase...

Does anyone know when Lloyd Cole's new album comes out in the UK? I'll
be straight into the record shop. 'Love Story' is one of my all-time
favourite albums, and I like some of his other stuff too -- also saw him
play around the time that came out, and he did a great gig including two
excellent Velvets covers. My only disappointment was that Quine didn't
tour with him.

Sam