(TV) seattle show ramblings

as already posted, tickets are on sale to members & today i think went on sale to the general public. i left for nyc a few hours after posting about the show so couldn't post any follow up.

the show is in the "sky church", which unfortunately is a fairly abysmal venue. it's this giant cavernous space with a huge video screen, it's supposed to be based on some jimi hendrix concept that i'm not familiar with (remember of course that this is how the emp started, it was going to be a jimi hendrix museum). there's no drinking allowed - the artists aren't even allowed to have water onstage. it's very open and very bright. i'm not fond of it but right now, I DON'T CARE. someone was asking about capacity and if the show would sell out - i think it might only because it's getting the hype over the emp's second anniversary. so lots of publicity. there are enough aging punk rockers & transplanted new yorkers (present company accounted on both parts), but this is an odd city. things sell out you don't think will and those that don't you're kind of bemused at.

think i could start a punk band and call it "paul allen's checkbook" without getting sued? probably not. but hey, right now, once again, I DON'T CARE. thank you uncle paul for bringing us television.

there is a bar in the emp that makes a passable margarita. there are two good mexican restaurants within easy walking distance of seattle center. if anyone's travelling any distance and needs advice as to hotels etc, please feel free to bug me.

i still can't believe this is happening.  damn.

--caryn