Re: (TV) New Member

"Mark M." <markm@adnc.com> wrote:
> Todd mentioned seeing NRBQ on the Simpsons.. I caught that too and
> couldn't believe those guys are still kicking.. used to see them years
> ago around Amherst, Mass where I grew up and they were (are?) based, but
> never got into their music that much, probably because they were just
> the local bar band to me.

This is the ultimate Q story.  *Everybody* thinks that they're a
local band!  I've heard that from friends in Philly and Boston,
and of course, Providence.

No, they weren't based in Amherst.  They came out of Windsor Locks,
Connecticut, and toured incessantly for decades.  They weren't really
local, they just seemed that way!  If it can be said that they had a
home bar, there are 2 or 3 that qualify.  There was one in New Haven
that I've been to a half-dozen times but I'm damned if I can remember
the name, and of course Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel in Providence.

There is a _great_ movie called "Complex World" that was filmed at the
old Lupo's, and the NRBQ guys have great roles.  Tommy is accidentally
shot in the head, but later calls the rest of the guys on the phone!