Re: (TV) New Member

At 6:06 PM -0700 6/6/01, Mark M. wrote:
Boston was a great place musically back then; I
used to work just down the street from the Paradise, where there was
always something good:  Mission of Burma.. great band...,

MOB meant *a lot* to me for years. Still do, now that I think of it. _vs._ was one of the many albums that changed my life. Never saw 'em live, but I've seen Birdsongs and Roger a fair amount. Great band, indeed. Oh, yeah. (Love HSR, too. I'm still looking for an unblemished copy of _Fig. 14_, but like Michael, I like _In a Roman Mood_ better.)

burned them onto CDs
(for preservation purposes as well as the ability to listen to them in
the car) and have enjoyed a virtual flood of new (to me at least)
material.

Wow. You have a car CD player that can handle CDRs? Cool. (I've made mp3s of a few well-loved LPs the same way, actually...)

I'm still
struggling with the idea of flying up to Seattle for a couple of days to
see the gig up there.. kind of expensive though, considering I'd have to
shut down my business and fly on short notice, etc., but maybe it's the
closest they are ever going to come to San Diego...

Well, there are some strong rumors of TV playing All Tomorrow's Parties in LA in October. We'll see if it happens, but there's one report I've seen. In other words, don't despair, necessarily.

Sounds like kind of
a small venue (a church?).. anyone know how many tickets are going to be
available?

Well, not a church as such. It's in the Experience Music Project, which is a huge building, but the "Sky Church" seemed more like a wide hallway to me when I was there. Very high ceiling, not tons of depth back from the stage, and very, very wide. I don't know if there's any seating there, but the Seattle folks would know better than I.

Sorry to be so long-winded on my first input...

Nonsense!  Welcome aboard!

--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/