Re: (TV) polite request too

Micah,

Hopefully what you mean is "I am ONLY going to include the text I am replying
to"? I don't think Ray is arguing that selectively quoting the message you're
responding to is bad; he just means that quoting the entire thread of the
messages is often useless (and more confusing than helpful in discerning the
meaning of a response, in most cases). E.g., I'm quoting your message below,
but I trimmed out Ray's message, as well as your signature, and excess
whitespace. In other words, I'm keeping the minimum text I need to in order to
respond coherently. This reduces message size, and more importantly, it makes
the Digest version of the MM list (which is received by more and more list
members these days) vastly less cluttered.

Hopefully this makes sense. I'm happy to explain it further off-list to anyone
who has questions, and I'll add something to the FAQ about is under the
"Etiquette" section.

Thank,
Philip
Your Friendly Neighborhood List Administrator