(TV) Re: boston band

Joe Hartley <jh@brainiac.com>
Subject: Re: (TV) Re: boston band

"sam matthews" <fangsdaddy@hotmail.com> wrote:
> i'm not from boston, but my old band, the crow flies, opened for gut bank at
> the electric banana in pittsburgh in or about 1987.

joe hartly wrote"Ah, the Banana. I saw the late, great Snakefinger there in '80 or '81.
I loved that place!"

as someone who used to play there quite a bit, i had a love/hate relationship with the place. but now it's an italian restraurant, & i really miss it. the last show i saw there was mike watt on the opera tour. there were nights that were just amazing at the banana. black flag seemed to play there every 6 months, the minutemen did two shows in a nite everytime they played there, & sonic youth were godhead when they stopped on the "sister" tour. plus you had great local bands like the five, carsickness, & the cardboards. i also saw the snakefinger show in '80 or '81. & carsickness opened i believe.
sam