RE: (TV) I have so many questions today

> At 7:12 PM -0700 6/12/01, greggluvox wrote:
> >Has anyone tackled that 'Vincent Black Lightning' CGDGBE tuning in the last
> >Guitar Player? It's kind of scary.

I've mentioned this tuning in the past, but it bears repeating.  This
tuning drops the pitch of the lowest 2 strings, and allows RT to play
some incredible bass lines while using the traditional chord forms on the
higher strings.  It's a great idea, especially if you cam mentally split
your hand down the middle and play one thing with your thumb and forefinger
and another with the remaining three!  I have enough trouble getting the
right and left hands to work together!

> >Isn't this kind of a Richard Thompson list too? Does he have his own list?

He's had his own list for years; it actually pre-dates the web, I
believe.  The address used to be at njit.edu, but I dropped off a long
time ago when I had email problems, and never re-subbed.  I know Jesse H.
is on both that list and this one:  Jesse, got the address handy?  The
only one I have is on a t-shirt packed away in a box ready to be moved...

(Yep, I actually got the T-shirt they made for the list!  What a geek.)