(TV) Go-Betweens lyric

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but on the recent Go-Betweens CD, "The Friends of Rachel Worth," the song "When She Sang About Angels" (about Patti Smith) contains the following lyric: "When she sang about a boy/Kurt Cobain/I thought, What a shame/It wasn't about/Tom Verlaine."

I presume it's intended as a compliment, but since Cobain is dead, it sounds somewhat like Robert Forster wishes Tom were too (or instead).

- Jesse