Re: (TV) Ig's new one

Iggy's been quite productive the last years, I havn't been able to catch up with his latest tour and album, but I will buy the album as soon as I can. Live he's always great but he's doing almost the same thing every time. For me it means inflation and I lose my BIG interest. Iggy live and studio is two completely different things. If yóu look at his production over the years it's a pretty impressing collection. It shows many artistic sides, not only the real wild child. Everything hasn't always been 100% good, but it shows a honest approach, for ex Avenue B. I always wanted him to do some easier, laid back things. To use his crooning voice more. On the Av B tour it came true. In France he recorded a "jazz TV-show". A mix of Av B tracks and old jazz tunes. The guests were Chrissie Hynde, Vanessa Paradis and some others. A little absurd but it worked. (Though it was Chrissie that stole the show. She has learned how to sing over the years. Fantastic.) I downloaded the mp3:s from a French Iggy-site. (I'm afraid they are gone.)

From: Joe Hartley <jh@brainiac.com>

the most Stooges-like thing he's done since the Stooges ... The bass is
cranked up and throbbing beyond reason, the guitars are so tinny you'd
think Bowie was back there screwing everything up."

Excuse me, Joe, but Bowie never screwed anything up. He just tried to mix something that already was a screwed up recording. Though, yes, it's a very odd mix, but as the Iggy remix shows, it's impossible to save or reconstruct it. It's a low-budget recording from the beginning and Bowie just tried to do SOMETHING with it. And he succeeded.

(Looking at your comment again I'm not sure what you mean with the expression "screwing up". My interpretation was something negative. That he destroyed.)

/Per