Re: (TV) Ig's new one

Hi Eric

> Did anyone besides myself actually like Avenue B?

Yes I like Avenue B alot.

Good man.

As for the new one - it's difficult for me to understand. I don't really
listen to this nu-metal or whatever it's called and I don't know why
Iggy seems to want to make a record for that audience, the
majority of which will ignore it.

I think that was the big problem with Naughty Little Doggie and American Caesar... he was trying to cash in somewhat on the alternative rock market, which didn't really work. People were much more interested in the newer bands than to pay any attention to Ig (the whole trainspotting thing did help him out on the map tho). Didn't he mention something in the liner notes to the remixed Raw Power about trying to sound closer to the Smashing Pumpkins?

That's why I loved Ave B. It was a very raw, stripped down 'fuck you' kind of record, where I don't think he was aiming towards a particular group or whatnot.

I still haven't heard the new album, altho a friend has told me he wasn't too thrilled by it. I'll always give him a chance. In fact I'll probably pick it up tonight.

Incidentally, I finally got a hold of Kill City, his first post-stooges record, and Williamson's guitar playing simply RIPS. And that's a great album cover as well.

-e