Re: (TV) Scenes

At 12:06 PM -0500 7/16/01, Ken Thompsen wrote:
Well, you sound better off than me.

OTOH, my best amp comes from San Antonio. 'Course, the company that made it went out of business in the '70s.

Tell me, is Pittsburgh as really as
dusky and metallic (industrial) as it is portrayed?

You be the judge: http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/weather/actioncams/

Interesting that you ask. A few days ago was the 109th anniversary of the battle of the Homestead strike. I can look out my back door and see the location across the river. The mill came down some years ago, and there's a megastore shopping center there now. (ObTV content: Richard Lloyd spent part of his childhood in Homestead.)

The city's cleaned up over the years. Not much manufacturing now, but there's still a manufacturing-mindset in many ways, mostly in a desire to bring in some big corporate sugar-daddy. It's not going to happen. Meanwhile, a lot of local things--startups, merchants, artists, musicians--are ignored. At the civic level, at least. But that's probably true in many places. And it's fairly cheap to live here.

Anyway, my question pertains not only to what music you guys are digging,
but theatre, poetry, etc..

There is a theatre scene here, although I'm not really a theatre person. There are some very active people in poetry, also... And a lot of openings.

And maybe if I should just pack my bags and burn. Whatever you offer, I
appreciate all the answers...

Chicago has a hell of an impressive scene, actually... (We've lost a number of people to Chicago.)

--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/