-----Original Message-----
From: sam matthews
>"I saw Tom Verlaine once tell a table of yappers by the stage to either shut
>up or leave.  They left.  I'm all for artists telling the audience to be
>quiet.  As we all know, it's rude to talk during someone's music, and if you
>are interfering with them, they have every right to tell you to put a sock
>in it.  ."

 I once took my cousin, Joan, to see her fave-rave, Joni Mitchell, on the Boston Common circa 1984.  Half way thru her second number (with full band) she stopped the song and scolded the audience for their rudeness for talking during her performance.  She stomped off and said, "We'll be back when you people quiet down."

	Leo