Re: (TV) Test/Blue Mask

I've only heard new york once, but I'll probably pick it up sometime to hear the comparison...

It's excellent - probably my favorite Lou Reed album. As I saying to my friend,
it's a lot like NEW YORK, but on the BLUE MASK:
1. No longer endless songs a la "Beginning of a Great Adventure" or "Last
Great... etc." Even "Dime Store Mystery"... there's a bunch of them.
2. No overly-compressed 80s-style production.
Did this even happen to Lou in the 80's?

3. Lou's voice is in better shape - he still can modulate it a bit.
4. Dare I say... better songs?
5. It's got some of Quine's best guitar work?