RE: (TV) Fenders vs Gibson

Well, my favorite guitar is a 60s Kalamazoo Mustang copy. (Kalamazoo was Gibson's cheapie sub-Melody Maker line.) The bolt-on neck is very Fender-like, thick with a small fretboard radius, but with that shorter Gibson scale length. And the tone is Telecaster-like, but not as powerful. I wouldn't go so far as to call it the best of both worlds, but I'm happy with it.

-Maurice