Re: (TV) Fenders vs Gibson

In message <NABBIOJHLNOHNAEDBPDMIENGFKAA.howard@lasercomp.demon.co.uk>,
Howard Webb <howard@lasercomp.demon.co.uk> writes
>Hey, I am I the only one who prefers Gibsons?
>I love the sound, the low action and the shorter scale length of a Les Paul.

My most treasured possession was a black Les Paul Custom, gold-plated
machine heads and all. Cost me more money than I care to admit and the
time came when I had to sell it to pay the mortgage. For a while it was
touch and go. But then I always wanted to be Jimmy Page when I was a
teenager. The bloody thing was _heavy_, though. Stand with that around
your neck for an hour and you knew you'd been working!

The best thing Eric Clapton ever did was introduce the Les Paul to the
Marshall stack on the Bluesbreakers album. Of course, it led eventually
to Guns'N'Roses...

K.