Re: (TV) OT: aww...if she ever comes now, now...vu text(s)

hey russ,
check out (if it's still in print) the VU book bockris
& poet/dancer gerard malanga did jointly...came out in
1985 & it's called "UPTIGHT: the story of the
VU"...it's a plimpton-styled compendium of quotes &
"iwasthere" commentary from many major/minor
players/hangers-on...it also has chapters dealing with
each & every album...it's a great intro to the band.
there's also a more "scholarly" book called something
like "the VU companion" which features essays by a
variety of types on the VU/reed & their "academic"
applications...
the bockris lou bio was an obvious character
assassination but it was still a great read...bockris
also hepped to the fact that reed always wanted to be
lenny bruce, which makes a hell of alotta sense...
"here she comes now" is sublime.
but so is "sister ray"