(TV) whilelight/whiteheat, cale solo, herecomethewarmjets & modulationeffects

per usual, going thru a couple of back digests.
my fave part of "white light/white heat" is listening to "the gift" w/cales spoken word track rolled off. as the stereo seperation has the instrumental track coming out of one speaker & cale in the other it's easy to do. it's just great to listen to the velvets wail. cale solo: i'm partial to the fear/slow dazzle era, with the mercinaries/ready for war material second. one of the great things i saw last year was mike watt cover cale's "fear is a man's best friend". that made my heart beat a little faster, even tho he did two great television tunes the same night. another reaon i really like cale's fea/slow dazzle period: chris spedding. has anyone seen the roxy music reunion tour? i was wondering how much spedding was playing or if he's just second fiddle to manzanara? i'm old too, because i've been listening to here come the warm jets since 1974. it's by far my favorite eno disc. it rocks the most. & it's also contains my favorite playing by fripp. his solo on baby's on fire continues to amaze me. years ago in creem, lester bangs did this piece where he claimed a govermental agency was doing research on the hearing thresholds of rats by playing them the following guitar solos:
fripp/baby's on fire
krichards/sympathy for the devil
james willianson/shake appeal
& he claimed fripp deafened the most rats. also, there's this really great bootleg of eno & the winkies playing some of the warm jets stuff from the bbc in '74 & it's really fun to hear these tunes minus the studio tweeking. when i was a pedal surfer, my fave guitar modualation toy was an ada flanger. it had four knobs---one more than any other flanger at the time, was real quiet, ran off ac & has a stereo out, so you could skip your guitar, go out the stereo out, run all your pedals thru it, then plug it into your amp w/the other output. it was kind of like a crude synth.
sam