Re: (TV) New York Stories CD

Hi Lee,

NEW YORK STORIES is a follow-up to the POOR CIRCULATION bootleg that came out a
few years ago. While POOR CIRCULATION included a slew of
never-before-bootlegged rarities from 1974-1975 (the Hell years), NEW YORK
STORIES picks up with Fred Smith's first full year (75/76). Again, it's almost
entirely made-up of stuff new to CD, some quite interesting, e.g., a very early
semi-country version of "Grip of Love", a song called "Whatcha Doin' On Them
Stairs?" (I think - the disc is at home), as well as more familiar titles
("Friction", "Adventure", etc.)

Like POOR CIRCULATION, sound quality *really* varies. Moreover, I think some of
the source notes are wrong - songs supposedly from the same show sound like
they are really from different shows, and vice versa.

When I first got this disc, I was actually pretty disappointed. Upon further
listening, I think it's quite good, and it's worth it if only for the sheer
rareness of some of the material.

I'll post a full track listing for the disc tonight.

--Philip