(TV) Eno-Verlaine Axis ? Roxy Music and the Ramones ? Back on Topic t hanks to Jonathan Richman !

> Eno claims the whole "801 / central shaft" theme came to him in a dream;
> fanatics note that the initials of "eight-nought-one" spell ENO. I think
> '801'
> is a large union in the UK, too. So who knows.
>
> As for NY punk, glam, etc - that's a can of worms and a lot of books have
> been
> written on the subject. My favorite history of the US scene between 1965
> and
> 1980 (with a coda in 1992) is Clinton Heylin's FROM THE VELVETS TO THE
> VOIDOIDS; it's certainly the closest thing to a history of Television that
> you'll ever find. The UK scene is only covered peripherally, however. Jon
> Savage's ENGLAND'S DREAMING handles some of the UK and US scene, but his
> book
> is bogged down with socio-political analysis.
>
> The former is highly recommended for anyone on this list...

[Mullen, Patrick Q]  As we have them here at the Library, consider them read
this weekend.

						Wow, Back on Topic again !
Gotta love a Modern Lovers reference...:)
Patrick

It is not the big armies that win battles; it is the good ones.
		Marechal Maurice Comte de Saxe, Mes Reveries, 1732

Patrick Q. Mullen
Electronic Resources Unit
Richter Library
University of Miami