RE: (TV) RE: Beatles Influence on Television

What about our man Burt Bacharach and all those Burt Bacharach minor chords
(and major sevenths - oooh!; and augmented thirds etc) in say 'Baby It's
You' by the Shirelles? Or 'Don't Make Me Over' by Dionne Warwick?

Ken wrote:
Rock and Roll changed a
whole lot because of the Beatles (who copied Chuck Berry and Roy Orbison) by
incorporating minor chords in their progressions, jumping into minor chords
at the bridge of a song, etc..If it was up to the Stones, EVERYTHING would
still be blues based...but it's not, and the Beatles are the first to try
all of that.

With two electric guitars, maybe, but it certainly isn't a musical or
compositional innovation. And why is it always just Beatles vs. Stones? What
about the Kinks? Those bar chords took the pop format the new uncharted
places. Also, I should mention before I go get some dinner -
Barry/Greenwich, Phil Spector (or Beatle Phil), Smokey Robinson, Mort
Shuman, The Cookies, Mann/Weil, Gene Pitney, Kim Fowley, the original
Broadway cast of Hair and Carla Thomas.