Re: (TV) Re: TV Digest V1 #445

--- DAYKARAK@aol.com wrote:
> The self-titled album will always, to me at
> least, be viewed as the result of losing gear.

I think losing Cale was a much bigger reason than gear... millions of garage
bands get the same sound the VU got on their first two albums with nothing more
than a preamp...

> I think that sums it up
> nicely. If only Television had this degree of appeal...their albums change a
> little between, but the main difference really results from production styles

First, nice move on-topic! Second, I agree, although you can trace quite a
progression through Verlaine's solo albums - from the personal writing of TOM
VERLAINE to the fictionalized and abstract lives on FLASH LIGHT - and arguably
the 3rd TV LP has more in common with THE WONDER than ADVENTURE.

--Philip