Re: (TV) OT: Earliest memory of rock

I have to say that all in all, I am prouder of my earliest musical tastes
than I am of some things I have bought recently...  "Don Kirshner's Rock
Concert" was probably the first rock music I remember seeing on TV, and my
first ever concert was (eek!) Robin Trower (I am blameless -- I was kidnapper
by my baby-sitter, who had an extra ticket!).  The first show I attended by
choice was The Clash, 1979.  An auspicious debut, no doubt about it!
My first LP purchase was Bowie's "Young Americans,"  followed closely by
T.Rex's "The Slider."  I was about eight years old.   This soon segue'd into
a preference for AC-DC, Black Sabbath and Thin Lizzy (all of which remain to
this day) but was also marked by the alarming simultaneous enjoyment of Elton
John and Sweet.  No wonder I am in therapy.