RE: (TV) OT: Earliest memory of rock

From: Cameron Pulley <cpulley@navicominc.com>
To: "'tv@obbard.com'" <tv@obbard.com>
Subject: RE: (TV) OT: Earliest memory of rock
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 15:22:15 -0400

Pretty Vacant was the song that just did it for me. It's funny how McLaren wanted Rotten and co. to write their own 'blank generation' and 'pretty vacant' came out of it. I think its one of the strongest Pistols songs.

As for sid not being there, all the better! It's confusing tho, because he is on the cover of the album - in fact that image was a still from their final gig at the winterland ballroom in San Fran.

Nonsense trivia for ya.

cool.  that was a good one.  but there was no 'god save the queen' and no
sid vicious yet.  it was still amazing.  there was a cover of 'substitute'
by the who on that album.  i recall that being one of my early favourites.
of course, i didn't know it was a cover back then.  ahh... such a rockin'
band...