(TV) no more lurking/All Tomorrow's Parties

I've been lurking since shortly after the Chicago show, at which I met Philip and Leo (hi Philip and Leo)...I'm a former New Yorker who'd go anywhere to hear Television, indeed.  I'm headed out to LA in october to see TV at All Tomorrow's Parties.  Trouble is, I don't know most of the other acts appearing at the 3-day event.  The structure of the event seems to require a strategic attack to get into the shows of one's choice...would you all care to sound off about some of the other acts appearing (see lineup below), and let me know your ideas on who is worth seeing and why?

I'd much appreciate it.  I so enjoy the exchanges on this list; I didn't mean to wait this long to crawl out of the woodwork.

lindsay

Friday 19th October

ACKERMAN GRAND BALLROOM
Steven Malkmus and the Jicks
Eddie Vedder
Unwound
Neil Michael Hagerty
Quixotic

ROYCE HALL
Television
Cat Power
Papa M
Fred Anderson Quartet
Derek Bailey

SCHOENBURG HALL
Nathaniel Mackey
Gerard Malanga
John Sinclair w/ Charles Moore and Ralph Buzzy Jones
Lydia Lunch
Renne Gladman
Ira Cohen

MOORE HALL
Film presentation arranged by Jim O'Rourke

Saturday 20th October

ACKERMAN GRAND BALLROOM
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion
Boredoms
The Melvins with film by Cameron Jamie
Merzbow
Bardo Pond
Dead C
Bride Of No No

ROYCE HALL
Cecil Taylor
Smog
TBC
US Maple
Luc Ferrari w/ DJ olive
Tony Conrad
Destroy All Monsters

SCHOENBURG HALL
Lee Ranaldo w/ Kevin Drumm
Pita
Fennesz
Masami Akita and Russell Haswell : Satans Tornade
Nels Cline and Mats Gustaffson
Christina Rosenvinge
Chris Lee
Ikue w/ Kim Gordon

MOORE HALL
Film presentation arranged by Jim O'Rourke

Sunday 21st October 2001

ACKERMAN GRAND BALLROOM Sonic Youth
Stereolab
Le Tigre