Re: (TV) no more lurking/All Tomorrow's Parties

on 8/1/01 4:04 PM, lindsay neal at lrn@apexmail.com wrote:

> I've been lurking since shortly after the Chicago show, at which I met Philip
> and Leo (hi Philip and Leo)...I'm a former New Yorker who'd go anywhere to
> hear Television, indeed.  I'm headed out to LA in october to see TV at All
> Tomorrow's Parties.  Trouble is, I don't know most of the other acts appearing
> at the 3-day event.  The structure of the event seems to require a strategic
> attack to get into the shows of one's choice...would you all care to sound off
> about some of the other acts appearing (see lineup below), and let me know
> your ideas on who is worth seeing and why?
>
> I'd much appreciate it.  I so enjoy the exchanges on this list; I didn't mean
> to wait this long to crawl out of the woodwork.
>
> lindsay
>

> Friday 19th October
>
> ACKERMAN GRAND BALLROOM
> Steven Malkmus and the Jicks
> Eddie Vedder
> Unwound
> Neil Michael Hagerty
> Quixotic
>
> ROYCE HALL
> Television
> Cat Power
> Papa M
> Fred Anderson Quartet
> Derek Bailey
>
> SCHOENBURG HALL
> Nathaniel Mackey
> Gerard Malanga
> John Sinclair w/ Charles Moore and Ralph Buzzy Jones
> Lydia Lunch
> Renne Gladman
> Ira Cohen
>
> MOORE HALL
> Film presentation arranged by Jim O'Rourke
>
> Saturday 20th October
>
> ACKERMAN GRAND BALLROOM
> Jon Spencer Blues Explosion
> Boredoms
> The Melvins with film by Cameron Jamie
> Merzbow
> Bardo Pond
> Dead C
> Bride Of No No
>
> ROYCE HALL
> Cecil Taylor
> Smog
> TBC
> US Maple
> Luc Ferrari w/ DJ olive
> Tony Conrad
> Destroy All Monsters
>
> SCHOENBURG HALL
> Lee Ranaldo w/ Kevin Drumm
> Pita
> Fennesz
> Masami Akita and Russell Haswell : Satans Tornade
> Nels Cline and Mats Gustaffson
> Christina Rosenvinge
> Chris Lee
> Ikue w/ Kim Gordon
>
> MOORE HALL
> Film presentation arranged by Jim O'Rourke
>
> Sunday 21st October 2001
>
> ACKERMAN GRAND BALLROOM Sonic Youth
> Stereolab
> Le Tigre
> Peaches
> Cannibal Ox
> TBC
>
> ApexMail now registers domains! www.apexmail.com

By looking at that list, it seems like there more worth seeing than not. I
don't every single one, but it seems like everybody is keeping good company.
Take a chance and see as much as you can. You've got you're John Sinclair,
Lydia Lunch, Lee Ranaldo, Ikue and Kim, Melvins, those films sound cool too.