Re: (TV) Re: TV Digest V1 #448

Growing up in Paris, I did listen to a lot of Gainsbourg.  Some great
songs -- "Harley Davidson," "Je suis venu pour te dire que je m'en vais,"
"Sea, sex and sun," "Nazi Rock," "Sorry Angel," "Incest de Citron" ... It's
kind of hard to get into it if you don't speak French, though.

Serge was also an accomplished painter.  I still remember when he died.

Anyone else listens to French pop music like Telephone or Rita Mitsouko (I
can't get that song "Andy, dit moi oui" out of my mind)?

I think we once discussed Telephone on this list, but no, I never did hear them, although I was exposed to (and still enjoy ) alot of Alain Bashung as a child.

His '98 album "Fantaisie Militaire" was incredible...