(TV) TV's MM on TV (WB)

Last night while channel surfing I stopped at the WB (that's the Warner Brothers network for non-Americans) when I heard the familiar cycling riffs of "Marquee Moon" playing in the background. The show was "Dead Last," which as far as I could figure out is about a young rock band who get involved in supernatural doings (no, Scooby-Doo was not in evidence). In last night's episode the band was trying to get a gig at "Heebie Jeebies."

Also playing at the end of the show was "Born to Lose," a song I recognize but can't remember who did it. Internet shows lots of possibilities, including Johnny Thunders and Social Distortion - I'm pretty sure it's not the Leann Rimes tune. (In the course of this search I learned that Wendy O. Williams and Lemmy had recorded a duet version of "Stand by Your Man." Gotta love the Internet.)

- Jesse