(TV) Verlaine and Welles continued

Clinton Heylin also plays up the Verlaine/Welles analogy in the liner notes for
THE MILLER'S TALE compilation, where he likens the rejection of the 1986
Fontana LP with the partial destruction of Welles' THE MAGNIFICENT AMBERSONS,
quoting Welles as having said "You never get over something like that"
(paraphrasing), and postulating that the 1986 episode permanently soured
Verlaine's relationship with record companies.

And yet, after rejecting an album, Fontana seemingly released 90,000 12" and 7"
singles for FLASH LIGHT, and subsequently foot the studio bill (and apparently
endless mixing and remixing) for THE WONDER. Odd.

--Philip