RE: (TV) TV as later-day Skinny Orson Welles / Just One! - A Verl aine Rant Dennis Miller Would be Proud of

Television or Tom opening for U2?  That's not a bad idea at all.  After all,
Television once went on tour with Peter Gabriel (of all people).  U2 is not
so much of a stretch.  Plus in the April 1999 of Rolling Stone, Edge was
interviewed saying that Television was one of his favourite bands of all
time.

Another bit of Welles/Verlaine trivia.  Orson Welles refused to get a
drivers license, and spent most of his life being chauffeured around.  To
the best of my knowledge, Tom has no driver's license either.  I remember an
article from 1987, that began with a story about Verliane being pulled over
in a 1965 Plymouth ragtop, driving through Alabama(?) without a driver
license.  He went to court and the judge asked him what he did for a living,
and Verlaine said: "I'm a song-writer."  The judge replied, "You should
write a song about this." > Cry Mercy, Judge

Does anyone else remember that one?  I thought it was on Tom Wisner's old
site, but it's not on Keith's, or is it?

Speaking of articles,
Leo, I have some articles that you submitted to the list a while ago.  I
have them saved in Outlook.  Would you mind if I forwarded them on to Keith
to post on the Wonder?
One is particularly good.  It's from 1979 and Tom is interviewed by a guy
named Traykin.  At one point Tom accuses him of stealing his beer.

Cameron.