(TV) RE: TV Reading or Movie List

Dan wrote:

> Then it struck me, compile a TV reading list. I don't
> mean books about Verlaine et al, I mean books that
>  we know Verlaine, Hell, Lloyd have read and like.
> I've already read the usual suspects, Rimbaud, Verlaine
>  et al.

Dan,

There's a bunch of literary influences/interests of TV in
my TV Quiz at Howard Webb's neat website at:

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Horizon/7784/quiz09.html

(which I'm sure you've noticed I never tire of shamelessly plugging)
specifically, Questions/Answers # 11, # 1, # 2, #10b.

A few other writers, movies, directors TV has mentioned
(doesn't always mean they influenced him or his music)
--------these should get you started:

In addition to the Symbolist poets, people like Lorca,
Tomas Transtromer (a Swede), the 13th-century Iranian
Sufi poet, Rumi (esp. his "Night and Sleep"), and Lautremont

novels of Janet Hobhouse,
Lewis Thomas books on biology, and medicine
or some manic psychology texts
writings of pianist Glenn Gould
literary criticism:  Foucault and Baudrillard.

Movies: , Ciel et la boue, Le (1960), "Stevie"
(about a poet starring Glenda Jackson),
"The Last Wave" , "Wild River"

and directors: Alan Rudolph, Sam Fuller, Peter Weir, and Elia Kazan

miscellaneous: Duchamp, Varese, Ravel, Sibelius, Henry Mancini,
soundtracks to old tv shows, 18th century book on tulips,

and most important of all his secret weapon:  cafe au lait

	Leo