[no subject]

"sam matthews" <fangsdaddy@hotmail.com> wrote:
on srv: i had the pleasure of srv twice in a small club (maurice will know
of "the decade")in the era before his first disc.

then joe hartley wrote:
The Decade in Pittsburgh?!?!  I saw U2 there before the release of Boy
with about 50 other people.  I also heard The League of Gentlemen there
by standing at the back door (only time I'd ever been refused entrance!)
and got to follow (discreetly) Robert Fripp to a coffee shop at intermission.

then sam replies:
saw both of those shows. hung out w/u2 on the roof. saw their soundcheck. i wish i was running my tape recorder. talked to fripp after the LOG show. he was so serious. drank till dawn (at least i remember seeing daylight when i left the party) w/barry andrews after the LOG show at the shakes/combo tactic house (remember them?) at the decade i saw the police, joe jackson, the ramones, johnny thunders, r. hell, the gun club & jeffery lee solo tours, black flag w/dez on vocals, the meat puppets, the rain parade, the pretenders, & a bunch of other bands that i'm spacing on right now. for about 15 years it was an institution in pittsburgh. i was real sorry to see it go.
sam