(TV) OT: This joke made me laugh

Hey folks. I heard a joke yesterday that was pretty corny, slightly un-PC
( there is a slight ethnic component here - but we're all adults here,
Please, no offense meant by this to anyone out there I hope....), but made
me roll on the floor for a moment. I'm not good at telling jokes ,but maybe
I can carry this one off via email:

Okay, so this English guy, French guy, and Swedish guy are in the French
revolution circa 1791 and all three are scheduled to meet up with the
guillotine. It's the French guys' turn first. He's asked if he has any last
requests and he thinks a moment then says: "Yes, please bring me a glass of
some fine French cognac ". He's handed the cognac which he quickly downs
after proclaiming, "vive le roi" ( long live the king...) then he places his
neck into the guillotine and waits for the moment. The blade falls but stops
only 6 inches from his neck. Everyone is astounded and the executioners say
it must be fate so the French guy is allowed to go free. Next up, the
English guy. The English guy requests a rousing rendition of the English
national anthem God Save the King. After the revolutionaries finish the last
chorus (of course they new the song), the English guy places his neck where
it's supposed to go and signals that he's ready. The blade is let loose and
begins to drop, but astonishingly, it too, comes to an abrupt halt only
inches from the English guys' neck. Again, the revolutionaries attribute
this to fate and let the English guy go. Last man up for execution is the
Swedish guy. He's asked if he has any last requests, perhaps a drink of
brandy or maybe a kiss from a beautiful maiden ? He answers. " Yeah I have a
request. Could you get a technician to get a little oil up there ?"