Re: (TV) Re: OT: You know, reading this list hasn't been half as fun since last Tuesday...

--- esgregory <esgregory@qwest.net> wrote:
> & i too would like to see the perpetrators of last
> tuesday's destruction be
> punished, but in a court of law with due
> process...the way american law is
> supposed to function.

Frankly, that's horseshit.  Bin Laden and his Taliban
cronies must be terminated with extreme prejudice.
Moreover, has anyone been listening to the
administration?  This is not going to be another Gulf
War approach, although some of the supporting Nation
States (Iraq, Sudan) may feel the force of retribution
and punishment in the next several years.  If we
determine Hussein was behind this, he should and will
be removed from the face of the earth.  I do not
believe it is the goal to level cities and arbitrarily
kill innocent civilians.  Only time will tell, but if
it is not addressed now, the next time we will be
watching the population of Seattle wither away from a
small pox epidemic.  And thank goodness Britain is
there to assist us while Europe sits on the sidelines.
 Obviously, America's other great military ally,
Israel,has its reasons for taking the position it has
taken, though I am certainly no apologist for Israel
with respect to some of its policies and actions in
the Middle East.  Finally, do not mistake this flag
waving for jingoism or misplaced symbolism of
oppression.  For too long America has slumbered in a
cultural swamp land worrying ourselves silly about
shark attacks and Gary Condit/Chandra Levy, Monica
Lewinsky, Survivor, you name it.  We have turned a
blind eye to the risks of terroism, and this attack
has summoned an American pride that has been a long
time coming.   My only fear is that this instant
gratification culture will lose the stomach for a
sustained war which will take many years with no
guarantee of success (war on drugs anyone), but we
have got to do something.  Just ask the CEO of Cantor Fitzgerald.