Re: (TV) Alex Chilton

In a message dated 9/21/01 3:04:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time, maurice@mac.com
writes:

> Arguably.  Although I thought Jody contributed throughout...  Some
> high points for me: "Kizza Me" (great trashy/sleazy guitar line after
> the chorus, and dig that out of sync, schizophrenic doubletracking on
> the vocal!), "Thank You, Friends" (deep cynicism with the backup
> singers used to great effect, and a fine radio-friendly guitar solo),
> "Stroke It, Noel" and "For You" for my pop string arrangement fix,
> and "Nighttime" for that gorgeous lap steel line.  The "Femme Fatale"
> cover also, the weirdness of "Kangaroo," the desperation of
> "Dana"...damn, it's a good record.

OK ... you're selling me good ... I'll definitely give it a fresh listen!
Owen Gwilliam
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/otg
http://shadowy.brainiac.com (The Shadowy Site On A Shadowy Web)

"Never judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he's [a
jerk], you've got his shoes and you're a mile away"
    -- Rev. Billy C. Wirtz