(TV) "Independence Day" (sequel to "The Night")

I was re-reading "The Night" (Patti Smith/Tom Verlaine's
booklet of poetry) earlier, and noticed that the last page
says that the "book is in two parts, part one titled 'The
night', part two 'Independence day'.  Part two is to be
published next season."

So was "Independence Day" ever published or not?  I've
never heard any other mention of it.  And, just how rare is
"The Night"?  My school (Ball State University) library has
a copy of it, so I doubt it's TOO rare... however, we also
have copies of Theresa Stern's (Hell/Verlaine) "Wanna Go
Out?" and "From the Velvets to the Voidoids"... maybe
whoever is/was in charge of acquisitions is a fan..

--Scott

PS  Patti Smith's poetry is dirty, isn't it?