Re: (TV) "Independence Day" (sequel to "The Night")

--- Scott Neukam <scottneukam@yahoo.com> wrote:
> So was "Independence Day" ever published or not?  I've
> never heard any other mention of it.

As far as I know, it wasn't.

>  And, just how rare is
> "The Night"?  My school (Ball State University) library has
> a copy of it, so I doubt it's TOO rare... however, we also
> have copies of Theresa Stern's (Hell/Verlaine) "Wanna Go
> Out?" and "From the Velvets to the Voidoids"... maybe
> whoever is/was in charge of acquisitions is a fan..

I'll say! Are you sure the head of acquisitions isn't Lenny Kaye? There were
only a few hundred copies of the original "Wanna Go Out?" (and only about a
thousand of the 1999 French/English reprints, I think), and I can't imagine
"The Night" had a run of more than a few thousand copies (although Patti Smith
was much better known in 1978 than 'Theresa Stern' ever was).

Who knows how many copies of the original "Wanna Go Out?" survive - I would
guess a hundred, maybe less.

--Philip