Re: (TV) "Independence Day" (sequel to "The Night")

--- "Philip P. Obbard" <pobbard@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'll say! Are you sure the head of acquisitions isn't
> Lenny Kaye? There were
> only a few hundred copies of the original "Wanna Go Out?"
> (and only about a
> thousand of the 1999 French/English reprints, I think),
> and I can't imagine
> "The Night" had a run of more than a few thousand copies
> (although Patti Smith
> was much better known in 1978 than 'Theresa Stern' ever
> was).

"The Night"-- which I currently have checked out-- says,
"The edition is of five hundred copies . . . 25 copies are
signed and numbered by the poets and specially bound with a
wrapper and a signed broadsheet of a celebratory piece to
Rimbaud by Patty Smith."  The copy I'm looking at is a
second printing from july 1976.

> Who knows how many copies of the original "Wanna Go Out?"
> survive - I would
> guess a hundred, maybe less.

Wow-- I'm not sure if the copy my library has is an
original or not-- I only found it in a websearch yesterday
and it just says the copyright is from 1973.  When I go to
work tomorrow (at the aforementioned library) I'll
definitely check the book out.  Maybe I should start a
campaign to get these books taken off the shelf and put in
reserves or even special collections..

--Scott