RE: (TV) Re: TV shameful taste/ Say What?

I have to chime in here. YEs, I too was put off at first by the drumming on
Flashlight. It is excelellent but the first thing you notice is the loud
echo-y (don't tell me they didn't add reverb) tick-tock bass and snare -
starting with the first track - that I may even compare to the bridge in
'Jack & Diane' by freakin' Mellencamp if I wanted to. It's almost as if you
have to pull past the steel cage of this drum sound to reveal all the
multi-track goodness contained within the disc. The snare jumps out and
says, 'hey, remember the 80s?'.

OT - I also think Pavement went downhill after they fired the original
drummer and his 16-track studio.

More shame list:
Rapeman
Warren Zevon