RE: (TV) Re: clean guitar tone

According to Ray Davies, Dave Davies, and Jimmy Page, that famous solo was
strictly Dave. Page was doing session work for Shel Talmy at the time, and
if memory serves he added some rhythm guitar to some of the tracks on the
first Kinks LP, but YRGM was a recorded as a single well before the album
sessions began.

I guess we should differentiate between distortion and the "fuzz" effect
that Dave Davies created. Apparently he was trying to duplicate the sound he
got when he and Ray would practice in the Davies family parlour, running the
guitar through the family hi-fi rig.

I think Jeff Beck is generally credited as the first person to use a fuzz
box on a record--the Yardbirds' "Over Under Sideways Down".

Jim